Monday, February 15, 2010

Time Contraction

The last months I've been coding away in my home office with time flying past me almost unnoticed. Two things really brought home what effect this is having on my time perception.

One is that my wife has pointed out a number of times lately where I've told somebody that something happened "a couple weeks ago" when in fact it could have happened as much as a couple months ago.

The other was that when we went to Florida for a family visit last week for 5 days I came back feeling like I had taken about 2 weeks off. This even though I brought my laptop and still did some work.

I generally don't mind this time contraction, especially in the Winter. What's great about it is that it is caused getting a lot done and enjoying it. "Time flies when you're having fun" as they say.

It's great to measure the passage of time by how much new stuff is working rather than how many times the earth has spun around.

No comments:

Post a Comment