Monday, May 3, 2010

Unintentional Google Voice Humor

Been using Google Voice for a couple months and it can be somewhat amusing when the voice recognition for the voicemail transcription doesn't quite pick it up right. Had a good one yesterday though.

"If you i just wondering if you could give me a favor. When you come back or when you're on your way back. Can you pick me up like I D cap promo much at all at Starbucks just totally wiped out. I have no idea why I feel so it I think I've been drugs. But anyway, I, I'm gonna trying to the blood down for a nap this morning and I think, up opportunity. Thank you. I mean to you later. Bye"

As a friend pointed out - notice that it didn't have a problem picking out "Starbucks". No surprise, since Google's all about the advertising!

The full corrected message isn't worth it, but for the record, "I D cap promo much at all" is actually "a decaf Carmel Machiato".

The best message transcription fail might be this next one. Although in this case it isn't to be blamed because it was my wife and 17 month old daughter speaking in Portuguese.

"I saw what at the cottage for the dangers visa. Thank you. Bye bye these pages knows. Bye bye. Tom O these Aunt Karen these whoa whoa. Hey, but cos he meant 9 bye bye delivering basis hello."

If the system were a human it would have been pulling its hair out on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment