Saturday, December 5, 2009

Teamwork

A couple months ago I got an introduction to someone starting a company looking for a technical cofounder, and about a month ago I became that technical cofounder. It's an exciting space, lots of stuff to learn, and a challenging amount and type of technology to implement. Perfect! Still stealth mode, so I'm not disclosing more that that.

It's an awesome time to be starting a company, with more information and advice available now than could have been imagined just a few years ago. I'm lucky too, to be so close to the Boston/Cambridge area and the startup community there. Add to that Twitter and the insane amount of constant flow of information and advice and it is just unbelievable.

This past month what I've enjoyed the most is the teamwork involved in starting something up. The amount of raw information to take in and decisions and tradeoffs to be made when starting something new is great to begin with. Doing all of that as part of a back-and-forth as part of a quality team is outstanding.

I spent the previous year+ working on projects on my own, so this is an appreciated change!

Hopefully I'll be able to share some of my experiences and lessons learned along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment